By Siera Capesius, B.Sc. Human Nutrition, Dietetics - www.sierafit.com
Just four ingredients and a few minutes of time make this “Instant Pot” chicken!
- 3, 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot (A slow cooker can be used instead of an Instant Pot however cooking time would be extended).
- Add chicken broth.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken breasts and add salsa.
- Press Poultry button and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked and shreds easily. If not cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Once done, release pressure and shred chicken with two forks. Serve with or without taco shells. Enjoy!
- Serve with corn taco shells or corn tortillas, low-fat shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (serves 3):
- Calories: ~210
- Carbs: 15 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 23 g